Sign Up

Sign up to receive free updates from the Rational Speculator.

Unsubscribe at anytime.

Sign Up

Sign up to receive free updates from the Rational Speculator.

Unsubscribe at anytime.

Trade

Selling a NVDA Iron Condor

NVDA has a decent volatility component. The maximum loss for a 10 lot is $20,000 minus the credit received. I will be looking to take it off for about a $2,500 profit given the opportunity. BTO NVDA Jan 435 P / STO NVDA Jan 455 P / STO NVDA Jan…
View Post

Selling a PYPL Iron Condor

PYPL has a decent volatility component. Selling the January iron condor instead of the December in order to collect additional premium. The maximum loss for a 10 lot is $10,000 minus the credit received. I will be looking to take it off for approximately a $1,500 profit given the opportunity.…
View Post

Selling a BABA Iron Condor

Time to put on some trades with volatility still being elevated. BABA is a good candidate for an iron condor. The maximum loss for a 10 lot is $15,000 minus the credit received. I would like to take it off for a $2,000 profit.  BABA Dec 235P/-250P/-320C/335C for a credit…
View Post

Adjusting the ADBE Position

ADBE’s share price continues to decline. I am rolling the positon to December and lowering the strikes on the call side. This move costs a debit of of $.75. I do not usually pay up to adjust a positon, but am making an exception here to keep the dream alive.…
View Post

Adjusting the CRWD Position

I held on to the CRWD position a bit too long letting my profit dwindle. I am determined to make this a winner so I have decided to take off the call side given the ongoing share price weakness and roll the put side to December to collect another $1.65…
View Post

Rolling the ADBE Iron Condor to November

ADBE’s share price has been struggling to stay above $500. I am rolling the position to November given its rapidly approaching expiry in order to have more time for it to work out in my favor. I am adjusting the call strikes to collect more credit. The new position is…
View Post

ZM Short Calls Assignment

A portion of my ZM short calls were assigned so I sold the corresponding number of long calls and covered the short stock. I still am holding on to the remainder of the original iron condor. I will take the entire loss tomorrow at expiry. This was a frustrating trade…
View Post

Selling an ADBE Iron Condor

In order to conserve buying power, I prefer selling iron condors in high priced stocks instead of strangles. This trade features an Oct 23 expiry which is shorter than usual in order to be out by the election. This is a large bet that ADBE’s share price will remain strong…
View Post

Selling a CRWD Iron Condor

I am selling an iron condor in CRWD to increase portfolio theta. I am inclined to take this one in early if given the opportunity in order to have more buying power available going into the U.S. federal election. CRWD Nov 110P/-130P/-175C/195C for a credit of 6.25.
View Post

Selling an Amazon Iron Condor

Amazon’s volatility makes it an interesting candidate for selling options. I am selling an iron condor and not naked options in order to limit risk and to minimize the buying power reduction. AMZN Nov 2500P/-2520P/-3680C/3700C for a credit of 6.80.
View Post

Selling a Crude Oil Strangle

Crude’s volatility has picked up making its options richer. I am taking advantage by selling November premium. I anticipate buying back the strangle for a debit which will be less than the initial credit received. This will likely be possible as time passes, volatility decreases and if the price of…
View Post

Rolling Gold Puts to October

Gold prices have been weak so I am rolling the puts to October to collect an additional credit while waiting for a rebound. I received an additional $15.80 per contract on the roll so the new position is Sold /GC Oct 1930P for a credit of 66.40. This trade is…
View Post
All posts loaded